Thursday, May 14, 2009

Why Hindus Do Not Eat Beef?

This topic is just to let everyone know the main reasons why Hindus do not eat beef. I raised this topic due to a lot of my friends or whenever I’m in overseas, I been questioned this all the time once I refuse to eat beef.

In Hindu’s teachings, we are not allowed to eat beef. Cow and bull is symbol of god. Mmm, whenever I mention this, they will laugh at me and start teasing me. A friendly teasing actually, no harm. I understand that they have no idea about the meaning behind my statement. Let me explain why cow is treated as mother, child or god in Hinduism. I’m not fanatic about Hinduism, just a rational thinker.

Reason 1.

Hinduism starts in India. Indian backbone industry is agricultural since thousand years ago. There is no high-tech machines that time, so they use cows for all the soil works. Cow is a very friendly animal where it just follows whatever human instruct, a pet as well as a co-worker for Indians (It do all the heavy works!). When Indians are in hunger, lack of energy to work in big agricultural fields for food, exhausted walking long distance especially when shifting things, these cows and bulls appear as huge helping hand. For work and transport.

*Think: We won’t kill someone who help us tirelessly especially the lifesaver of our generation or ancestors, will we?

Reason 2.

Milk. The only replacement milk we can consume after our mother’s is from cow. See, cow milk is the best option a baby have after his/hers mother stop breastfeeding. Cow replaces our mother to develop our anatomy.

*Think: Some brilliant thinkers asked me, “you don’t eat beef but how come you can drink its milk? God won’t angry?” Ha ha. Funny!!! Babies drink milk from mother, does he/she eat her when they grew up. BRILLIANTS…

Reason 3.

Ehem, This one is quite sentimental. The only animal which screams as ‘maaa’ is cow and bull. Its like every babies first word is ‘maaa’. That why most of the languages address mother as ma, amma, or anything similar. So……………. when combine those two reasons above and this, it touches our heart strongly. Emotional uh? The cow/bull is like their children. When it dies, they do proper rituals as they do for humans (of course different method than to human).

Reason 4.

Not everyone will realize this, so to create a permanent respects towards cows and bulls, Those who realized deeply about this, make this creature as a symbol of god and forbiddened from killing or eating it.

Ok, this is 4 simple reasons why Hindus don’t eat cows and bulls. There is a lot of other reason also, but its more towards religious which I don’t want to include here. Athe’, Its just whats in my mind……………..

No comments:

Post a Comment